Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gourds, pumpkins and a bottle of vino

Next weekend is the last show of the year for us.
This one is out in Shenandoah Valley at the Amador Flower Farm .














I'm glad the shows are coming to an end for a while. It's time to do other things..., like TAKE GRANDBABIES TO PARKS, READ THEM BOOKS AND GIVE THEM TICKLES 'TIL THEY LAUGH.

Here's the address, dates and time. You can buy or bring lunch and there are nice clean bathrooms available. (I think that is important.)

This is a beautiful place that used to just sell daylilies. Now they have other plants and a great gift shop and wonderful garden art.
There will also be a pumpkin patch and a corn maze. (Children always seem to have a great time in the pumpkin patch.)

The area has lots of very good wineries and wine tasting is an accepted practice, as long as you eat something with the wine and don't drive right away; there are some very windy roads out there.
There will be workshops, Master gardeners to answer gardening questions and our gourd group doing demonstrations and selling gourd art. I'm only going to be there on Sunday.














These are 3 of my gourd pins that will be for sale there.

Then things should settle down for a while...., so I can go down and spend some time with my grandbabies. I'm missing them and I'm ready.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Never let down your gourd! See you there - even though it's a long way from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gourd pins. They are all so nice. I love the goddess one. Beautiful work.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could go. Its just too long of a drive with my little ones, and then all the excitement on top of it. I will be thinking of you as we visit a fall festival closer to home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be there in spirit helping you taste that wine....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.