It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Friday, April 25, 2008

Went to see my cousin in Berkeley; the town is quieter than in the 60's. The hippies are senior citizens.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jo said...

I turned 59 this month and the thought never crossed my mind that the hippies are now senior citizens....lol

My generation are hippies...WOW... I truly never thought of that. Probably because even though I don't operate as well as I used to I am at the perpetual age of 19 in my mind.

Have a great day.