Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A SENSE OF WONDER

A few days ago, on a walk up the hill, I came across an odd work of nature. It seemed to be only in one area and very few in number: A blade of grass, less than a foot high, with an oak leaf speared on it. At first I thought that heavy wind or some strange downward force of nature produced this oddity, but when I showed the pictures to my husband, he said that it was more likely that the blade of grass grew up through the oak leaf already on the ground.As much as I wanted it to be some strange phenomenon of nature and wind, I had to agree that his idea made more sense. The prospector has always kept me grounded. I do love him for that.
I still think it's strange and I marvel at the strength of nature. That a delicate, fragile blade of grass can have such power leaves me with a sense of wonder that never ends. I offer these photos for your observation and comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.