Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

PUSSY WILLOWS AND FRIENDSHIP

You would have thought it was my birthday last week. On Thursday I met my friend Karen for lunch and she brought me a big bag of books and a belated birthday gift. My birthday was in December, but we hadn't seen each other for almost a year. Life sometimes gets in the way. It was a good reunion.
Friday, Judy, another good friend, and I drove to Murphy's (above Angels Camp) for the day and when she picked me up she brought us Pussy Willows from her garden ( which is a gardener"s dream ).
Friends that come bearing gifts...., books that they have read and want to share; gifts that were made or grown; or that have special meaning...., make my heart glad. The friendships, by themselves, are gifts. I find, as I get older, that these women that I've known the longest are the most prized. We make an effort to understand each other. We know our faults and try to overlook them. It's a comfortable place to be....., so: to Donna in Montana: to Carol in Sacramento and to Judy and Karen close by....thank you for being my friends. You are my "icing on the cake".

And then after I had this overwhelming couple of days, feeling so grateful for pussy willows and friendship,, I receive a package from my sister. She sent me a book,published in England, called A DOG BOOK. It's filled with stories, poetry, wonderful vintage drawings and lots more; and a sweet card that says "Do what you love and love what you do." Inside she writes that she loves my blog and it makes her feel like she is with me a little each day. Thanks, Sis ! I love you so much.

The moon must be in it's seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars ( that's for those of us who remember the 60's ). It was a great week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Smoochas right back at'cha my dear friend. Glad you had a very merry unbirthday! - C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, dear, dear friend for our mutual love and friendship of 34 years (longer than most marriages)!
    A true friend is one who knows your faults & worst moments and loves you anyway....Karen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.