It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: I know... a week and a half later. I've been beachbuming.









7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh i want to go....
smiles.
cool rocks and cliffs...
closing my eyes to hear the waves...

farmlady said...

Brian has gifted my blog photos with a poem. I'm honored. Read his Haiku comment as you look at the photos.

joanne said...

great haiku Brian! Farmlady, I am so jealous...that's all I've got to say!

Kerry O'Gorman said...

Oooo, lucky you! Love the California coastline! I'm assuming that's where it is?

Madeline's Album said...

Beautiful photos. Have a blessed day. Madeline

Nancy Kay said...

What a great outing. The third picture down shows the change in water color from background to foreground...and it's spectacular; love it! The pictures of the shoreline and waves are so nice; they transport me there. Did you see a whale or two?

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

California. I love our state. Our family were all born here..raised here (except for a short time in Oregon between 4 and 7 years old.) I had to live in Florida once..I was so homesick and said I would not do that again and I won't.
I've lived in Northern California, Central California and now back to Southern California where I began my life.

I am watering by hand..as little as possible. I am concerned. The high and low pressure off the coast does not seem to be budging.
I've stood and looked at all the scenes you posted..how I LOVE it!