Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flight to Adventure

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..." (yes, I'm heading north for an adventure.)

'cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again..."
( Written by John Denver, 1966; sung by Peter, Paul and Mary.)

Got my maps, flashlights, bug spray and rain gear (just in case). I think we hit the right weekend because it's going to break records here in Northern California with 100 plus weather. Hopefully, up north, it's not going to rain and the weather will be pleasant. Either way, we will be prepared.
I will take my trusty, black New Balance hikers that I wore in Germany... broken in and comfortable.
... and these really comfy hiking sandals, that I found in Reno last month, for walking. Got to take care of my feet, 'cause if they aren't happy, the rest of me will be miserable.
 And I bought some new camera equipment. This is getting to be an expensive hobby. Fair warning to anyone who wants to "just buy a camera..." It doesn't stop there.

I'm leaving the hollyhocks and the bumble bees...
The dried clover that I've been so desperately trying to photograph with macro precision.
And the lizard who will be glad to see me go because I keep sprinkling him with the hose every morning. (I really think he likes it or he'd leave.)
I'm saying goodbye to the corgi boys and the Prospector...

"What... Where are you going now?"
and I will be flying to Portland to met my friend "D", who is driving from Montana. We are going to a photography workshop this weekend on the Columbia River. I think we will learn a lot and it will be fun. Then we will drive down the Oregon coast and "D" will bring me home.
I leave Thursday morning.


"The photograph itself doesn't interest me.  I want only to capture a minute part of reality." ~Henri Cartier Bresson


9 comments:

  1. have fun at the workshop....i am sure all the life that surrounds you will miss you...ha...i like you lizard...and def the sandals...if i got to wear shoes i would make it sandals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fun trip and bring back some cooler weather, Sat/Sun weatherman says will be 107 ..... bet Carl and Cutter would love to go to cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, you're picture of the damp lizard is a prize winner!! I'm sure you'll have fun and find some more gadgets to spend money on...I am curbing myself for the time being but REALLY want a new camera to take to Toronto at the end of August.
    Hope the boys can survive...they look stressed already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAVE A SAFE AND EMPLOYABLE TRIP. OREGON HAS A LOT OF LOVELY THINGS AND SCENERY, BUT IT RAINS TOO MUCH FOR ME. GLAD YOU DROPPED BY TO SEE ME BEFORE YOU LEFT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love your sandals?? I have been trying to talk myself out of buying a pair, they look like very comfy hiker/walkers. You will love the Columbia River/Oregon coast. It is so very beautiful and one of the hubs and mine favourite places to visit. My daughter even got married on a beach there. Have a great time, be safe, and come back and tell us all about it. You know that I have to live vicariously through you right now! take care dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fun at the workshop. Oregon is a beautiful state. I have visited there often to see my youngest daughter and her family. Enjoy your visit and have a safe trip. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm so envious! Please share your new skills when you return. And have a wonderful time in Portland. My son/wife and daughter/husband live there. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZAS your pics are amazing a photography workshop sounds awesome and fun!
    You always do such cool activities. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catching up over here. Don't you love workshops? I am, having a ball in writing and poetry shops. Got a biggie in CAp Cod in July, the week of Ane's death anniversary (really celebrating life) and hubs birthday. A week in a cottage on the sea.

    hugs and love to the farmlady and her crew...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.