Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Guess whoo's back?

Yes... I'm back from my three day Christmas visit to my family and I did have a wonderful time. But, I'm so glad to be home and look "whoo" arrived again, on Tuesday morning.
Looking a sleepy...
 And a little annoyed at me for bothering him.
And, "If you come any closer I'm going to fly down onto that camera and attack the darn thing."
So, I left him (her?) alone. The eave will belong to the owl now. It feels safe there.
The Prospector says that it's because of this...
 Maybe this small owl has chosen the corner of the eave because of the another owl (the silent one in the frame) that waits on the post.
Do you think that he (or she) notices the other owl? I wonder!
I hope the owl stays for a long time. The dogs don't seem to bother it... but then they haven't seen it yet.
It is such a delight to see this beautiful little creature out there every morning. 
I'm so glad it's back.

"Now Carl...."
"You be a good dog and don't bark at the owl. He's resting.... and if you annoy him he might decide to fly down and use his talons on your cute little nose. That would be scary, my sweet dog. So, be good."



14 comments:

  1. I'm excited!!! Adventures to come...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your owl is gorgeous
    I hope he stays a long time
    ...poor little mice nearby
    oh well.....
    glad you had a good holiday week
    and no, I don't think he noticed your other owl...nice try

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beauty of an owl... cant have owls hanging out here they like to fish in my pond and thats simply not acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the owl has found a good home. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. i still think that is so cool...look at those big eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable! Lucky you!
    xo, Cheryl
    p.s. I LOVE those shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I wouldn't be at owl surprised (I couldn't resist) if he did notice the "other" owl. Perhaps (s)he finds comfort in the company of it.

    I'm glad he's back.
    Perhaps he's a guardian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky farmlady!!!! I think the framed owl was just the ticket!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the owl, it is soooo beautiful! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool that the hoot owl is back. Maybe it's looking for a place to nest? I believe they start that ritual around this time of year.
    Wouldn't it be great to see some baby owls?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting! I should post a picture of my shoes. I wore two different ones to town yesterday. I'm probably ready for a "home" :-o.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen an owl "in person". This is amazing and yes...it's because of the other one LOL

    Is that a vase up there?

    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.