It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: Rainy Day Through the California Delta





3 comments:

Madeline's Album said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog and your nice comment. I enjoy your blog very much as I have said before. The photos are great and by my visits I still have contact with my home state. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

Eve said...

I love the artistic value of all these photos!

LV said...

I am always pleased to see where you have stopped by for a visit. I loved all your wordless photos today. Especially, the last one.