Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sleepover with the Bambinos.

This morning we set up our annual display at the Jackson Library in town.
All the members bring a couple of finished gourds and we put them on display for a month. It's a good way to show the local folks what we do and encourages anyone who might be interested in joining our club. I think it turned out great. The bottom right photo is of a gourd that will be given to someone in a drawing at the Amador Flower Farm Festival next month. It's an amazing piece of art created by Judy Arrigotti, a well known gourd artist. The theme is about gold mining and specifically hard rock mining which was prevalent in this area. Please click on the above photo for a closeup of what talented people we have in our group.

Now....getting back to my trip down to my sisters.... My son and daughter in law went to the ocean overnight so guess who got to stay with her two bambinos and have a sleepover?
We made forts in the living room....


We played in the backyard....

And I gave them a few chores to do..... which they, surprisingly, really got into.

I let them rest on the patio table and taught them about being silent so they could tell me what they heard with their eyes closed....
It was hard to keep their eyes closed so we just listened....

Then we went to the school playground...
 They rode their bikes, watched the soccer practice on the field, played on the school playground and ran their little bodies ragged.... and Noni too.

Of course we had some "bean" filled moments when they didn't want to do what I asked or argued with each other, but generally we had a great time and even though I was tired, it was a good tired. 
Noni loves her Bambino Beans.   

5 comments:

  1. Very cool gourds. I wish I lived closer. I have so many different types of gourds growing this year I can't wait until they are all dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gourds are amazing, I would love to see a display like this in our area, I must check around and see.
    Looks like you and the boys had a fun time together. I didn't grow up with grandparents but I will be one next year and am so looking forward to building forts, making cookies, etc. good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gourds are fantastic. Very, very talented people. Your time with your grandsons was a good time even though they wore you out. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the display! Such gorgeous colors. Which one is yours? Did you every grow any from the seeds I sent you?

    Glad you had fun with your GK's (in your old stomping grounds). Bet your parents were in on all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...enough with the gourds. More with absolutely ADORABLE Bambino Beans stories.

    A.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

    C.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.