Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Wordless Wednesday Today. I have things to tell you about.

I have to tell you about this new wide angle lens I sent away for. The three photos above, were taken with this lens attached to my Nikon D40 camera. I bought it from New Harbor for...are you ready? $12.38 . It's not a brand I have ever heard of. It's called Neewer.  It's a digital high definition 0.45X super wide angle lens with macro Japan optics. It came with caps and a bag. I don't know how they could make this lens for this price but I don't care, because I'm getting some very interesting photos with it and if it falls apart tomorrow, I won't be crying about the price. I know good lenses are suppose to be very expensive but what the heck. I'm having fun with it and that's what being a photographer is all about.
This lens fits right onto the front of both my Nikon lenses and takes in a wider angle of  view. The only difference I can see so far is, that with landscapes, the foreground  is blurred a bit but the center is very sharp. I don't look at this as a disadvantage because I like the effect.  The outsides of the photo angles in and the focus is in the center. This makes for some very interesting shots. It doesn't work with close ups but I can leave the lens on and it doesn't interfere with closer shots.
It's the cheapest fun I have had in a long time.

Neewer 52mm wide-angle lens~including bag~ for Nikon D40,D50.D60,D70 and D80. Sold by New Harbor- brand new; $7.39 + $4.99 shipping. Fun factor....Priceless.



I have a confession to make. I have not read a book for at least a year. I KNOW! I can't believe it either. I have a pile that I want to read. I have another pile that friends have given me saying..."You've got to read this. It's the best book I've read in a long time." I have no excuse. I just haven't read ANYTHING.... until last week. My friend "D", from Montana, was here a year ago when my Mom died and she bought me two books. One of them was Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan. I started it a few times and them put it down. Finally, last week, I picked it up and made a promised to myself  that I would finish it. I did.
It was wonderful...."You've got to read this. It's the best book I've read in a long time." (sound familiar) If you like dogs, want to change your life, or have lost someone that you loved dearly, you must read this book. It's about grief and the process that one person goes through. It's a love story between a woman and a dog...both wounded animals, both learning to trust again....and sometimes it's from the dogs point of view, which I love. It's about human frailties and how we can all learn to love again, no matter what happens to us. It's a great summertime read.
Thank you "D". I finally understand, my friend. It has taken a whole year, but things are better.

And now I leave you with....

Carl and Cutter, two little Corgis that are becoming  friends. The paw says it all. Carl wouldn't let just anyone do this.
Have a good rest of the week.....

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! It looks like you definitely found yourself a bargain there, and I think you're going to have a lot of fun with it!
    I love playing around with lenses, and I've gotten some surprisingly great shots.

    Great shot of Carl and Cutter too... Makes you kind of feel all warm and fuzzy doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you could buy anything for a good camera at that price. It really made a difference in the pictures. They are all so good and clear. Yes, that is a picture of many of my vintage linens. In time, I plan to do a post on them. I love it on the header. Coloradolady did it for me. I am not familiar with all those type procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures, and look forward to seeing more with the new lens. Happy reading. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you with your new lens! Can't wait to see more. The book sounds like one to have in the library...cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deal on the lens. And the best thing is that now everything is digital and you don't have to break the bank buying film and paying for processing to find out how good the lens is and what a deal you really did get on it.

    I love it when my girls get all cuddled up together. Makes me smile to see Carl and Cutter doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great to find something you want at such a great price?!? The book sounds good, I will add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesomeness love the lense and great pics you are getting with it LOVE the C's laying around together and I HAVE NOT PICKED UP A BOOK IN A YEAR!!! whats up with that i usually read one a week or a day or at the very least a month... hummm have not been sewing either must analyze this....
    love hugs and grits and of course corgie ear scratches

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoyed your visit!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.