It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

While I was gone....


The Wisteria exploded over the back porch...

The new babies learned the Hokey Pokey...

And sweet little pupster, Cutter, found a new resting place in the garden.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Peg @ Bloomfield Farm said...

Glad you made it home safely! The wisteria is so pretty. I've always been a little afraid to plant it; I hear it is quite aggressive. Did I tell you that I have a Corgi too? His name is Elvis. I must do a post about him soon; he will be jealous if he discovers I wrote about Kate.

Missy AKA Little Messy Missy said...

I can't get my Wisteria to bloom??? Very pretty!

Karen Deborah said...

Your pergola is spectacular! And the new pupster....sigh*****

castlewon said...

love your chicks

Roslyn said...

My Mum had a beautiful arbor covered in wisteria but it won't grow in AZ-wonder if it would survive in the CO. mtns........
Been out of the blogging world, on a quilt retreat in CO.
You should receive a box by Tuesday!

ClassyChassy said...

Lovely photos - and the pupster - ever so sweet!

Susan said...

Ooooo! I love Wisteria. I don't suppose it will grow in Northern Montana. I've never seen it here. I fell in love with it on trips to Italy.

Susan

LemonyRenee' said...

What a delightful post.

That Wisteria is gorgeous. How long ago planted?

LOL at the posing chickens. Adorable.

Such a happy pup!

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. You are surely right . . . sometimes the hand of God is unmistakable.