Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Irish are Laughing Today.


Some may say the glass is half empty...


Some may say the glass is half full.

But the Irish will forever say...

"ARE YOU GONNA DRINK THAT?"

An Irish Wish
May there always be work for your hands to do,
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine warm on your windowpane,
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you,
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

Thanks to Rick Luquette for his collection of Irish sayings.
 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. And 'tis a Happy St. Patrick's Day that I'm wishin' 'ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL That's what I was thinking before I got to the punch line!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! And the same wish thrown back at ya, lets tip a glass together!

    I am making Irish potato fritters right now!

    You know how it is we use potatoes for any kind of leftover we can figure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That drink looks good to me right now. Great minds much think alike because I, too, posted an Irish blessing -- there are so many wonderful ones.

    Happy St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great St. Patrick's post for today. I really liked the verse you shared. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot of sweet sentiment in that saying - I wish all of the same to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.