It was, as I have said, a fine autumnal day; the sky was clear and serene, and nature wore that rich and golden livery which we always associate with the idea of abundance. The forests had put on their sober brown and yellow, while some trees of the tenderer kind had been nipped by the frosts into brilliant dyes of orange, purple, and scarlet.... As Ichabod jogged slowly on his way, his eye... ranged with delight over the treasures of jolly autumn. ~Washington Irving, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Frozen Flowers, California Snowlady and Sunlit Fig Leaves







(Please click on photo for close up. Who sees Carl behind the Mexican Sage?)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

BrasherGirl said...

Oh, my! I just love your California Snowlady!

Chef E said...

Ha, I tried to look, but I cannot see Carl... I see the beautiful snow goddess has come out to play!

Frosty's girlfriend has gone southwest for Christmas!

Madeline's Album said...

What an adorable snowlady. I am not sure but is he at the left of the picture? Have a great evening. Madeline

Sue said...

Isn't new fallen snow just beautiful? I'm glad you are getting to enjoy it. It comes often here, and the only thing I don't like is when it gets all dirty and slushy when it has been around for a while. Okay, I cannot see Carl!

Jan Ely said...

Love your snowman. I don't see Carl. I think he snuck in the house to eat your slippers.

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Just beautiful photographs! I love the snowlady.:) Thanks for visiting my decorated Holiday Home!
xo Lidy

Reddirt Woman said...

Looking to the right of the tree trunk there kind of under the second leaf from the end of the broken branch... looks like Carl could be right there from the dark of his back.

INCREDIBLE photos!!!

My inner and outer child would love to be there and marvel at those incredible leaves and the bark. You have some different flora and fauna where you live.

Thank you for making my heart sing.

Eve said...

I love the California snowman!! and I see a fuzzy Carl chest behind the sage!! hahaha!

Karen Deborah said...

I love these pictures the snow lady is awesome!