Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, August 24, 2009

Peach Crisp..., oh yea!

Peach Crisp (an old family recipe from the summer of 2009)

1 (19 oz.) can sliced (drained) peaches, or 2 very large ripe fresh peaches.
1c. Trader Joe's Multigrain Baking or Pancake Mix (you will never use Bisquick again.)
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 to 1/2 c. butter
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Now, clockwise from cut-up peaches.
1. Peel and cut peaches into slices or drain and dump canned peaches into an 8X8 pan that has been sprayed with a release agent like Pam . 2. Sprinkle lemon over peaches. 3. Set aside.

In a separate bowl; 1. mix the Trader Joe's, sugar and cinnamon. 2. Add the egg and vanilla. 3. With a fork (or my personal fav..., my fingers) mix until it is crumbly. 4. Sprinkle mixture over peaches. 5. Pour butter over top of crust.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until top is browned and crisp. The top picture is before baking and the bottom picture is after it's done.
If I can keep the Prospector from taste testing before dinner. This is what we will have for dessert tonight..., served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yea! Come on over..., there's enough for everyone.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. One word - YUM!!! That looks so good. And I love your new blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. drool and wish we had trader joes here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an easy and simple recipe I am going to have to try. Looks so yummy. Thank you for your visit and comment on my last post. I to like your new blog banner, and I was wondering if it was a picture of you? Have a great day Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerry told me how to make your own baking mix, I have it around here some where. NO NO I am not looking at that....salivating...no no

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds/looks delish! What time should we be there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful. Thanks for the invite--I'm on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the baking mix tip. Will pick some up. Instead of peaches, I have apples from our tree...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh My!!! Just the recipe I was looking for! Thanks! I have all ingredients on hand too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.