Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Edge, a poem


The Edge

This sky pulls me
From the comfort of shelter
To stand on the edge
Of my garden.

Before me
Darkening clouds move,
as dust storms billow,
completely filled with rivers.
Darker, it comes
Bringing rain closer.
What calls out as wind,
a voice, shouting.
Nature's absolute spirit
swelling the air with drizzle, splash, flow
As I watch from the edge.

~~~

c.c. 2009



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Perfect words to fit such a beautiful photo. Hope your coming week is filled with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're posting poems again. The wind, clouds and rain have a way of pulling them out of us. (A blessing--it's actually pouring rain right now. Hoping the same for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're posting poems again. The wind, clouds and rain have a way of pulling them out of us. (A blessing--it's actually pouring rain right now. Hoping the same for you.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what they woudl do for grits!!!!
    I think when I sent those you had not yet found my blog... I had posted several times for anyone who wanted them to email me and I would send them... If you REALLY REALLY want cuttings I will share the ones I kept for me because I already have three trees that come back each year.... but only if you REALLY want them LOL... is your grits bag empty yet????

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are a talented poet and photographer... Love the pic and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great photo and poem. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.