Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A very good no guilt Pumpkin Pie


This is for all of you who love pumpkin pie but are already feeling guilty about the holiday eating binge that is about to overtake your life. This is a Weight Watchers recipe. It doesn't have a crust but it does taste like the rest of a regular pumpkin pie and it has passed the Prospector's taste test. The best part is that you can have a BIG piece of it for 5 Pts.(that's how they refer to calories these days, it makes sense if you have a magic "points finder".) A regular Pumpkin Pie is 9 pts. for a very skinny, itsy bitsy, teenie weenie slice. So it's a great way to have your dessert and eat it too. Enjoy!
(I added some orange zest and an extra 1/2 tsp. each of cinnamon and nutmeg. I only used 1 tsp. of vanilla. Check it at 45 mins. because 50 mins. was was a little too long for my oven.)


I also think that it's beautiful! I sprinkled it with some powdered sugar and plan to take a new one with us for Thankgiving Dinner. This one has, of course, been tampered with by now. it will definitely be gone by next Thursday.


Doesn't this look good?..., and here's a little secret. It won't hurt to put a dab ( scoop, dollop, etc.) of light Cool Whip on top. You won't feel deprived at all. I promise.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'll try it. I love pumpkin pie. I'll let you know what the family thinks
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish but seeing as how I am the only one here who LOVES pumpkin pies... and I am already making a pumpkin cake (noblepigs) recipie I will have to save this for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouth watering, yummy, and I bet delicious. I will try it after Thanksgiving. I have to bake a pumpkin pie with crust or one of my daughters will never forgive me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.