Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems. ~Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Sale'ing" in Amador City

Sis and I went to Amador City yesterday. We wanted to get there early because a woman who owns a business down in town told us she was having a yard sale and we knew it would be a good one. We had plans to be there by 8:00 p.m. but there were chores to do and ,of course, rice pudding to eat for breakfast. We finally got there around 9;30 and there was no place to park.
This is one of the most charming towns in the Mother Lode. The houses are lovely but the roads are quite steep and not very wide. Finding a place to park on them is difficult. I think living here requires a lot of patience or a good garage. We finally found a spot near the cemetary and we went "yard sale'ing"
They had so many good bargains. It was hard not to over spend. I think you need to go in with an idea of what you're looking for. Sis and I exercised a lot of restraint. I came home with a wonderful old wicker sewing basket, a small round embroidered table cloth, and old silverplate dish and a new reproduction of a 1903 journal.

Sis found a set of beautiful lined drapes and a little shabby chic table that will be perfect (for a plant) on her patio this summer. We had a great time then we went home, ate lunch and took a nap.

After we had dinner we went to see SEX IN THE CITY. I didn't watch the mini series so I didn't know any of the characters but Sis did and she filled me in during dinner. Even if you haven't see the mini series you will enjoy this movie. It's a real "Ya ya sisterhood" kind of story about four woman who have know each other for 20 years in New York City. Some of it is kind of out of my element but most of it was fun and it was nice to see women who show their age (gracefully) and aren't trying to act like teenagers. The clothing is amazing and the magazine bridal shoot was wonderful. If you love "love", shopping, men and "best" girlfriends...., go see this movie.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love your bargains--such good taste the both of you have! I loved the movie too! But what of the fate of my dear beloved Squeeky?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice collection of bargains the two of you got. I love yard sale'ing.

    Nice write up on "Sex and the City" We don't get to the movies often. We do have one of the last operating drive in theaters near by. We should really try to get to it sometime this summer and take in a movie and a little nostalgia.
    It sounds as if you are enjoying your sister's visit.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment here.
I love to hear what you think about my blog. Feel free to speak your mind. Please be honest.., but remember your manners.